WELCOME

Welcome to my Blog, this is where I talk about my latest projects. View my website here: www.lisakannakko.com

Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Year 2: Rocco DeLuca & Daniel Lanois

It was one year ago this month that Rocco DeLuca and Daniel Lanois performed in the first "Live at the Belljar" session, on the back patio of my little spot the Belljar Cafe, in the west-end neighbourhood of Parkdale/Junction/Roncesvalles.  


Well they've done it again! This time they performed for a delighted audience in the front window. Lanois walked across the street from his studio to play the show with DeLuca, and basically blow our minds as we sat within a few feet of the deeply creative duo. 
California based artist DeLuca released his self titled album this month. It was produced by Lanios who has produced albums for a wide variety of artists, including Bob Dylan, Neil Young, Peter Gabriel, Emmylou Harris, and Willie Nelson. Lanois also collaborated with Brian Eno: most famously on producing several platinum albums for U2, including The Joshua Tree. 

"Live at the Belljar" is a music series that I started as a way to combine my love of music with my love of filmmaking.   




Rocco DeLuca performing "I Trust You To Kill Me", "How Many Times" and "Congregate", with Daniel Lanios on accompaniment.


Director/Producer: Lisa Kannakko
Sound Engineer: Ben McPeek
Editor: Andrei Ionescu
Camera: Joshua MacDonald, Lisa Kannakko, Andrei Ionescu

No comments:

Post a Comment